We have provided you with the different ways in which you can follow and take part in the AIS'21 Online
The Meeting Platform:
Meetecho is the AIS'21 Online Conference Platform. It brings together video and audio conferencing, meeting material sharing, text chat, shared notepad capability, and mic queue management. You do not need to install a client to use the Meetecho platform, it can be used directly in any desktop web browser. To ensure a better user experience we would recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to run the Meetecho platform. You are advised to avoid using Safari as some features may not work as expected.
We will soon make available the Meetecho User guide to help you know more about the platform
To log in for the meeting you will receive a unique token and the meeting URL by 22nd of May 2021 upon registration.
- Audio and video conferencing
- 1:1 chat among participants and presenters
- One main chat window
- Q&A window for questions meant to the presenters only
- A timer that will allow time-keeping for the presenters
- Polling for a quick vote
- List of participants logged invisible to all
- A tour of the platform by clicking on the "i" icon which is the info view and appears in the header bar, middle-right part of the screen
AFRINIC YouTube & Facebook:
Participants without tokens can also view the meeting live through our YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/afrinic or on our Facebook pages.
Please note that AIS'21 Online will be recorded for archiving purposes.
We have provided virtual exhibition booths for our Sponsors to interact with the delegates on Spatial Chat. The same platform will be used for the AIS'21 Online Cocktail.
Online cocktail platform & Sponsors Booth - Spatial Chat
We will use SpatialChat for our Virtual cocktail that will happen on the 1st of June from 01h20 p.m to 02h00 p.m UTC.
You can attend the cocktail at https://spatial.chat/s/AIS21Onlinecocktail
Please feel free to bring in your own drinks for the cocktail. You can have DIY cocktail drinks
You can read more about Spatial chat at https://help.spatial.chat/hc/en-us/articles/360019120259-Basics-of-SpatialChat and more at: https://help.spatial.chat/hc/en-us/articles/360016441939-User-roles-comparison
On Spatial Chat you can:
- Share any audio from YouTube
- Chat on the main channel
- Share your screen (ensure you have the window or tab open)
- Send emojis
- Move closer to a person/a group virtually to hear the person louder and clearer
- Move away from a person/a group virtually if you do not want to hear the person/group talking
- Use the megaphone, the Loudspeaker icon if you want everyone to hear you
Our sponsors will have a booth on Spatial Chat
- Participants and sponsors will have to join at https://spatial.chat/s/africaninternetsummit2021
- The spaces will be available from 31st of May to 03rd of June
- Our Admins will prepare each sponsors booth with the sponsor's names and sponsor's logo
- Participants who are willing to have a meeting with our sponsors can book in advance with them. Representatives details will be updated soon.
Open Consultation Booth
Anyone from the community can have one to one meetings with our teams during the AIS'21 Meeting. You will only need to click on the side room "Member services Booth" to join the room.